After my last wedding banquet at Ciao, we went on a “Funnymoon” with my family. So, even though I enjoyed Hokkaido a lot, I can technically still “claim” a honeymoon from my Mr. Boey :p Hence, we grasp the opportunity to take a break from this year’s super hectic work schedule and planned a 3D2N trip for my Pangkor Laut Resort honeymoon trip / anniversary ♥️
Why Pangkor Laut Resort
Word of mouth. Pangkor Laut Resort was highly recommended by my business partner for a short getaway and his advise to me was: Get the residential package and garden villa is sufficient! Everyone gets to enjoy the same view and facilities 😂 As compared to my stay on a Sea Villa at Avilion, Port Dickson, I do agree if most of your activities are outdoor, the most basic villa suffice. But in my opinion, even Pangkor Laut Resort’s most basic Garden Villa is comparable with my stay at Avilion!
What I loved about my Pangkor Laut Resort honeymoon trip:
1) Garden Villa
We absolutely adored Room 306 because it was strategically located beside the pool and bar! If we ever re-visit Pangkor Laut Resort, I will try my luck by asking for Room 306 (or surrounding) during booking 😀
2) Preserving nature at its best
I loved how 80% of the island is still beautifully preserved with greens and minimal noise throughout the stay. We saw a couple hornbills that joined us for lunch and fruit bats occupying the trees with the best view of the island 😀 My stay was a super chilled version but I read online that you can even plant a tree with tracking devices to follow it’s growth 😮 Tree-planting is quite a common resort activity, like the ones surrounding my chalet at The Frangipani Spa & Resort but the ones with GPS tracking is the first I’ve heard!
3) Thoughtful Staff and Facilities
I love people who attends to us just enough to not feel annoyed. I’m impressed they address us by names every where we go. The warm hospitality begins at Marina Island Pangkor (the jetty).
I absolutely loved the rattan woven bag they prepared for each room for beach visits – saved my worries to figure out a way! Perhaps this is a basic for all 5-star hotels & resorts but I’m paying the cheapest residential package yet I still felt appreciated 🙂
4) Emerald Bay
My stay was really short, hence I’ve chosen to focus one full day, chilling at Emerald Bay!
I’ve always thought everything located on the Straits of Malacca are brown and murky (ehem, Port Dickson?) But of course, islands are an exception! Pangkor Laut Resort has worked hard to keep the bay clean and sea cleaner. If there isn’t Maldive’s blue, emerald is really amazing, too!
There are a few restaurants on the island but the ones covered within the Residential Package are Feast Village, Royal Bay Beach Club, Chapman’s Bar and Uncle Lim’s Kitchen. In terms of customer service, Uncle Lim’s Kitchen PR skills are excellent 😀 In terms of food, I’ve gotta give it to the BBQ Seafood buffet at Chapman’s Bar.
I’m sure we can book other dining reservations at other restaurants but do take note, for certain restaurants like Fisherman’s Cove, proper (formal) attire is required. We only brought shorts and slippers – can’t even dine there if we paid extra to! 😀
Great choice for a short and private getaway. Worth a revisit on any other occasions 🙂
Momokev Pangkor Laut Resort Honeymoon Trip Itinerary:
Day 1:3-hr drive from KL to Marina Island Pangkor
- Arrived Pangkor Laut Resort by 2pm
- Settled into Garden Villa by 3pm, head over Royal Bay Beach Club for lunch
- Went back to the room for a quick change of swimwear and chilled by the pool till 7pm
- Head over Feast Village for dinner at 830pm
- Enjoyed hot bath with spa salt in our open air bathtub
- Honestly, we brought our HDMI cable along to stream Netflix till we fell asleep #diehardnetflixfan
Day 2: Woke up late because the room was so dark and cozy! Skipped brekkie (bad decision because we were starving haha!)
- Made our way to Emerald Bay on the island’s shutter service
- Had Nasi Lemak and chicken rice from the buffet spread but we focused on the BBQ seafood station till tummy says enough!
- Chilled on the beach till 5pm
- Headed back to our room and prep for dinner
- Waited till 9pm to dine at Uncle Lim’s Kitchen because we didn’t reserve earlier. Due to an unexpected closure of another restaurant that night, it was packed. The only one thing that frustrated both of us a little during the trip
- I KO-ed right after dinner. Sunbathing is tiring. Lol~
Day 3: Woke up on time for brekkie at 10am!
- Stuffed ourselves full at Feast Village till 11am
- Chilled at our Garden Villa and packed
- Checkout around 12pm
- Chilled at the library till 1.30pm for our boat transfer out to reality